ISO Standard – What is it and why is it important for my company?
Let’s start with the basics: ISO is an international standard setting body, which was founded in 1947, promoting worldwide standards relating to industrial and commercial.
Standards developed by ISO:
- ISO9001: for quality management – to meet customers’ requirements
- ISO45001: for occupational H&S management – to reduce workplace hazards
- ISO14001: for environmental management – to measure and improve company’s environmental impact
- ISO22000: for food safety management
- ISO27001: for information security management – to manage sensitive data that is of significant value to a business
So why is it important?
Being ISO certified means that customers know that their products are safe, reliable and of good quality. And whilst increasing productivity, it will also minimise errors as well as offering your customer a safeguard.
The common misunderstanding about an ISO certification is, that a lot of documentation is required. QBH Solutions can insure you that, yes ISO does require documentation, but only a few new documents are required, and they tend to compliment what an organisation already has in place. For example: most businesses keep a record of complaints and customer feedback, by adopting the ISO 9001 standard, we would centralise this into one register and then review to improve services or products.
What are the benefits?
- Saving time and money
- System and process improvements
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Higher credibility
To only name a few… But an ISO certification will also help with employee health and satisfaction, which nowadays plays an important part in a successful business.
Your next step to get ISO certified?
Speak to us, we can assist you in choosing the right certification and guide you through the whole process until you receive your official certification.